Best Trucking Dispatch Software
The increased demands for inland freight transportation have led to the growth of the tucking dispatch industry. The trucking industry was worth over 212 billion in the United States in 2021.
To scale your trucking business and satisfy your customer’s demands in this digital age, you need a digital aid, hence, the introduction of the trucking dispatch software.
Trucking dispatch software helps to automate all work processes of your trucking dispatch business. Whether it is scheduling tasks, compliance, task management, or customer communication, it will get them all done.
However, the problem is getting the most suitable trucking dispatch software.
To help you, I have compiled the 7 best trucking dispatch software to boost your business profitability and customer satisfaction ratio.
Firstly, let’s look at what trucking dispatch software is.
What is a Trucking Dispatch Software?
Trucking dispatch software is a digital solution that helps to reduce the operation cost involved in running a trucking dispatch business. It supports trucking companies in tracking and managing assets and inventory, including optimizing delivery routes.
Also, the software helps to assign tasks and reduce risk factors incurred in the freight industry.
This software also helps schedule and assign tasks and reduce risk factors associated with the freight and logistics industry.
The software offers various features and tools to help you achieve your business goals. You can access some of these features based on your selected trucking dispatch software. They are as follows:
- Customized workflows
- Automated scheduling
- Automation of dispatch
- Route optimization
- Integration with third-party software solutions
- Improved collaboration among team players
- Quick access to analytics and data
7 Best Trucking Dispatch Software
1. ITS Dispatch (Best for freight brokers)
ITS Dispatch is one of the best trucking dispatch software. It is a cloud-based trucking dispatch software designed for freight brokers, owner-operators, and small to medium-sized freight trucking and shipping companies.
It contains several felt management tools such as planning, scheduling, freight brokerage, dispatch, pricing, and GPS tracking. Also, this software integrates with QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Online.
With ITS Dispatch, you can seamlessly handle all ongoing shipments from a single point and create a quick invoice with a single click.
Also, the ITS Dispatch tool contains a detailed reporting tool that helps you with key metrics you need for the business.
This software is best suited for fleets of about 20 to 25 trucks with 20 or fewer users.
It is compatible with Windows-based and Mac systems and is available as paid software. It has two rates, and you are charged depending on the number of trucks.
- Easy to use
- It is compatible with windows and mac systems
- Offers comprehensive fleet management solutions for small freight companies.
- Poor customer service
- The filtering and organizing are mostly complicated
- Set up a demo account and get pricing from a representative here
2. Axon Trucking Software (Best for Truckload Carriers)
Axon Trucking Software is a cloud-based and on-premise trucking dispatch software developed for small and large freight businesses.
It helps to streamline fleet operations such as accounting, maintenance, dispatching, and invoicing. And, it allows you to keep track of your inventory and receive proximity notification alerts.
Axon contains key features, such as KPI monitoring, invoicing, warehouse management, barcode scanning, and inventory control. Also, it has an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) calculator that aids fleet managers in measuring mileage using an in-cab satellite interface and reporting and recording revenue or expenses.
- Highly customizable
- Contains essential truck dispatching software tools
- It is not easy to operate. You need to be trained before using it.
- Lack of pricing transparency
- Set up a demo account and get the pricing information from a representative here
3. ProTransport (Best for Fleet Diversity and Customer Communication)
ProTransport is dispatch software that offers fleet management solutions for trucking fleets of any size. It contains key features, such as reporting, GPS tracking, safety management, dispatch, accounting, and driver communications.
ProTransport offers services such as:
- Live dispatch board
- Vehicle tracking with GPS
- Integrated two-way messaging through texts
- ETA notification alerts
Also, ProTransport has an accounting feature that supports system accounts receivable, petty cash, billing, accounts payable, and revenue.
To fit into larger fleets, ProTransport offers tools that help with larger revenue control, cost analysis, and overall productivity. This software allows you to create invoices, compute tax, prepare statements and enter fuel card data. You can save up your truck, driver, and fleets documentations.
Also, fleet drivers can keep track of vehicle maintenance schedules and set mileage alerts.
- Suitable for a large fleet company
- Very easy to use
- No 24/7 customer service
- Can’t upload bank statements
4. Upper Route Planner (Best for route optimization)
Upper Route Planner is one of the best trucking dispatch software that helps to enhance your delivery process by optimizing routes and fast dispatching all delivery tasks.
This software comes with a dynamic route scheduling algorithm that aids fleet managers in changing or rearranging delivery routes, optimizing and balancing driver responsibilities, and organizing delivery schedules and pickups.
It is a trucking software that helps to integrate the route optimization solution with a sophisticated scheduling program to increase operational efficiency.
Also, with the Upper Route Planner, your drivers can receive daily delivery routes by text and email. If a driver is unavailable or unreachable due to an emergency or an unforeseen situation, you can quickly reassign the same route to another driver. This technique helps you know when a driver is unavailable for a given task and quickly assign it to prevent any form of hassle.
Generally, Upper Route Planner improves the overall visibility of your fleet business using live tracking links, which improves customer satisfaction.
Also, it comes with a 7-day free trial period where you test-run the app before subscribing to it.
- It is easy to use
- It provides high-resolution maps
- Delivery process automation
- Lacks tech support
- Free route planners are not easy to install
- It offers two packages, such as Upper for Solo and Upper for Crew.
- The subscription plans are priced based on your specific route planning use cases and included features.
5. TruckLogics (Best for small- and medium-sized full truckload (FTL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) companies)
TruckLogics is one of the best trucking dispatch software that offers solutions to small- and medium-sized full truckload (FTL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) companies.
TruckLogics is cloud-based software that is compatible with both Windows and Mac-based devices. It allows you to access your business activities from anywhere you are.
TruckLogics offers traditional fleet management services, such as shipping brokerage, route planning, quote management, optimization, dispatch, pricing, load optimization, compliance management, and fleet maintenance. Also, it enables you to keep track of vehicle history, including fuel usage.
Also, TruckLogics offer additional services such as fuel accounting, barcoding, inventory tracking solutions, and international shipping assistance.
- It is easy to set up
- It is clean modern software with nice layouts
- Offers a 14-day trial to access all the features
- No QuickBooks integration
- Users have complained about the loading time of the app
- The cost of usage starts at $29.95 monthly.
6. Samsara (Best for Tracking geolocation of Fleets and Driver’s Conduct)
Samsara is a cloud-based trucking dispatch software that offers fleet management solutions such as dashboard cameras, reefer monitoring, trailer tracking, GPS tracking, routing and dispatch, and other features.
It is designed to help small and mid-sized fleet business operators track the exact geolocation of their fleets. Also, Samsara helps to monitor drivers’ conduct to ensure their compliance with ELD and FMCSA rules.
With Samsara, drivers can access real-time traffic information and information on the best available route. Also, it helps drivers communicate key information about the vehicle to the office, such as vehicle breakdowns, unnecessary halts, and fuel wastage.
Samsara integrates a GPS tracker with ‘Hours of Service’ and other tools to track the driver’s compliance.
- Robust dashboard
- Rich functionality
- Real-time tracking
- The driver app is low and hard to use
- Footage downloading can be slow at times
- Samsara subscription fee is charged annually per device, including phone-based technical assistance.
7.TruckSpy (Best for full fleet management)
TruckSpy is the best trucking dispatch software for comprehensive fleet management.
It contains features designed to empower driver safety, compliance, and productivity. Basically, TruckSpy helps to enhance your driver’s efficiency. Features such as the route deviation checker, a drag-n-drop dispatch system, and an estimated time-of-arrival for all stops greatly benefit the drivers.
TruckSpy is an easy fit for FedEx contractors due to the relationship between both software programs.
- Driving is analyzed by artificial intelligence (AI) to ensure route efficiency
- Turn-by-turn navigation solution that tracks all driver deviation
- Automatic show-up of remote routes built on the driver’s tablet
- No clear pricing model
- No yearly discount
- $7 monthly per truck. You can set up a demo to get the true price.
To increase your fleet or trucking business profitability, it is important to select the best trucking dispatch software that suits and most aligns with your business, priority requirements and location. The above write-up provides concise and precise information on the best trucking dispatch software as well as their specific purposes. Furthermore, in selecting a trucking software, consider factors such as cost, customer service, functionality efficiency, reliability of tools, and support for your area of specialization.