The increased movement of traditional companies and businesses from the traditional physical space to digital space has increased the demand for video conferencing software.
Video conferencing software offers solutions to digital companies to hold meetings as they do while in the physical space. However, choosing the best video conferencing software for small business requires careful review as these software differ in terms of the number of people they support, security features, adaptability, integration, cost, and efficiency.
To ease the stress of looking for the most suitable video conferencing software for your business, I have carefully highlighted the 9 best video conferencing software for small businesses.
Zoom is one of the most popular and best video conferencing software for small businesses. It offers a great free plan that allows you to host 40 minutes meeting with up to 100 participants. You have to upgrade to the paid plan and enjoy unlimited meetings. As a small business owner, you can subscribe to the cheapest plan that gives you unlimited meeting length but doesn’t accommodate more than 100 participants. Also, you get to enjoy user management features, 1GB of cloud recording, and additional admin controls,
However, the free version allows you to enjoy features, such as HD voice and video, private and group chat, whiteboarding, call-in option, screen sharing, and con-annotation.
- It offers a free plan and a paid plan. The paid plan starts from $14.99 to 19.99 per month with additional features.
- Calls are protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and 256-bit encryption.
- Compatible with desktop and mobile devices.
- User friendly
- Paid plans are costly
GoToMeeting is one of the best video conferencing software for small businesses that work directly in your web browser. You don’t need to download an app to access it. However, its apps are accessible on mobile and desktop devices.
GoToMeeting offers a free version that small businesses can take advantage of. The free version accommodates up to three participants for a meeting of a maximum length of 40 minutes. The free version allows you to enjoy features, such as in-meeting chat and screen sharing.
The paid versions come in varied plans, and they all grant you access to a dial-in conference line, web audio, HD video, and up to 25 video feeds.
- It offers a free version, and the paid version cost between $12–16 per organizer monthly for up to 250 participants and additional features such as drawing tools, unlimited meetings, a personal meeting room, transcription, and so many more.
- Advanced security that uses SSL and 256-bit encryption protocols
- HIPAA compliance
- User-friendly interface
- Rich in feature
- The free plan accommodates a maximum of three participants
Cisco Webex Meeting is super generous software that allows you to host an unlimited number of meetings of up to 100 participants for unlimited length for free. Still, on the free version, you enjoy call-in audio, screen sharing, 1GB of cloud storage, HD video, polling, up to 25 HD webcam feeds, calendar integration, etc. This is why it is one of the best video conferencing software for small businesses.
For extra features, you will have to upgrade to the paid version. The lowest version gives you access to features like transcriptions recordings, extra cloud storage, and file sharing. You get one month free when signing up for a paid monthly plan and four months free on a yearly subscription.
- It offers a free plan that is upper generous. The paid plan is between $13.50–17.95 per user monthly and accommodates up to 200 participants and access to features like; 10GB of cloud storage, customizable URL, an admin portal, recording transcriptions, MP4 meeting recordings, file sharing, the ability to assign alternate hosts, analytics, and other features.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) and 256-bit encryption.
- It is super generous
- Military-grade encryption
- Excellent customer service
- The “Call Me” feature comes at an extra cost.
Lifesize is well-known and renowned in the video conferencing software industry as one of the topmost providers of HD video communication. This software offers a strong plan that is free for six months with unlimited meetings of up to 24 hours.
It allows up to 25 participants. The paid plans offer a 14-day free trial.
One of the remarkable features of this software is that it permits 4K video conferencing that makes you feel as if you are in the same physical room with your colleagues.
Also, it permits third-party integration with Google Calendar, Slack, and other applications.
- It offers a fee plan for up to 6 months. The paid plans range between $12.95 to 16.95 per host monthly for up to 300 participants or 1,000 live stream viewers. It comes with features like live chat, a centralized management console, phone support, unlimited recordings, and others
- Premium plans permit 4K video
- Security features of 128-bit encryption and TLS
- Paid plans offer a 14-day free trial
- The software is only free for six months, after which you must upgrade to a paid plan.
5. Zoho Meeting
Zoho Meeting is one of the best video conferencing software that is accessible via mobile or desktop devices. It is best for businesses offering training and educational services.
Zoho covers the needs of different categories of businesses, whether that falls into HR, Collaboration Sales, and many others. The Zoho Meeting platform can integrate with tools in all business categories. For instance, you deploy Zoho Calendar to send invites to meeting participants.
It offers a robust free edition that permits up to 100 participants for a one-hour meeting. The paid versions come in two tiers; Standard and Professional. These versions allow you to run meetings for up to 24 hours. The Professional plan allows you to run meeting with multiple hosts and a custom UR. You can get a 14-day free trial of the Standard edition.
- It offers a free edition and two paid plans.
- The Standard paid plan is $1 per month for a capacity of 10 participants if paid annually or $1.20 if paid per month.
- The cost of the professional tier is $2.50 per month if paid annually for 10 participants or $3 if paid monthly.
- The paid plan offers toll-free dial-in numbers and VoIP options
- Session recording for 10 meetings in paid plans
- Contains no self-hosted option.
Google Hangouts Meet is the business or paid version of the popular Google Hangouts video conferencing software.
It allows you to host meetings of up to 250 participants per call and live streaming for up to 100,000 viewers in a single domain. Also, it gives you access to features, such as recording meetings and screen sharing to Google Drive. Hangouts Meet does not feature the dial-in option; it is only accessible in the Enterprise plan.
This software integrates with other GSuite apps, such as Google Calendar and Gmail. It is accessible via web browser and some mobile devices.
- GSuite plans range from $6 to 25 per user monthly. Higher-priced packages offer additional management and security features.
- 128-bit encryption security
- Easy to use
- A good option for existing GSuite users
- You need a Gmail account to use the software
Join.me is known as one of the easiest-to-use and best video conferencing software for small business. It has a fun vibe that appeals to many users.
Join.me only has paid plans. The cheapest paid version doesn’t offer webcam streams. Its number of meetings is limited, with no time limits. The plan allows only up to five participants to call in using VoIP or phones from international countries.
For larger meetings, you have to subscribe to the higher plan where you can enjoy features such as cloud storage, recording, and scheduling.
Join.me comes with multiple features, such as the option to create a permanent meeting location and a collaborative whiteboard, but it is too pricy for many.
- It costs between $10 to $30 per user monthly.
- Offers a 14-day trial
- The pro version allows up to 10 streams at a time
- Rich in features
- The cheapest paid package does not support video communication.
BlueJeans is one of the most expensive video conferencing software on the list. It has no free plans, and the paid plans offer a free 14-day trial.
The lowest-paid plan allows you to host meetings with up to 50 attendees and permits dial-in and free phone audio in 40 countries.
It comes with a unique feature that allows you to cancel background noise. Other features include smart user controls, highlight replays, screen sharing, cloud recording, and streaming. Also, the software can be integrated into Slack, Skype, and Facebook Workplace.
- The cost of BlueJeans plans starts from $9.99 per host per month.
- Compatible with mobile, browser, and desktop
- Background voice cancellation feature
- No free plan
- The basic paid plan allows a maximum of 50 attendees
Jiminny is one of the best video conferencing software for small businesses known for its “Themes” feature. This feature automatically breaks your meeting recording into important parts. This is one of the best software to use for your sales teams.
Also, the recording feature can easily integrate with your CRM to enable automatic input of data from your recordings.
- Pro plans start at $75 monthly per user if you pay annually; and $95 monthly per user if you pay monthly.
- Impressive features to use for your sales team or while facing clients
- The company is in the early stages, so it has a lot of improvements to do.
These video conferencing software programs differ in terms of security, number of supported participants, length and number of meetings, and so many more. Check for the compatibility of the software with your business model. It is also important to consider the cost and required budgetary requirements before choosing the best video conferencing for your business.
Q: What video conferencing software do you recommend for small businesses?
A: There are many options available, such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, Skype, and Google Meet. It ultimately depends on your specific needs and budget.
Q: How much does video conferencing software typically cost for small businesses?
A: Prices vary depending on the software and the package you choose, but many options offer free plans or affordable monthly subscriptions for small businesses.
Q: Can video conferencing software be used on multiple devices?
A: Yes, most video conferencing software can be used on a variety of devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Q: Can video conferencing software be used for both internal meetings and meetings with external clients?
A: Yes, video conferencing software can be used for both internal meetings and meetings with external clients.
Q: Can video conferencing software be used for online training and webinars?
A: Yes, many video conferencing software have webinar functionality and can be used for online training.
Q: Does video conferencing software require a fast internet connection?
A: Yes, a stable and fast internet connection is required for high-quality video conferencing.
Q: Can video conferencing software be integrated with other tools, such as project management software?
A: Many video conferencing software have the capability to integrate with other tools, such as project management software.