Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems are business software used to manage a company’s entire function. It helps organizations automate their business operations, improve productivity, and improve customer service. It is important to apply the best ERP systems to allow organizations manage their resources efficiently. These systems or software are used to automate various tasks and make them easier to manage. They can also be used for inventory management, scheduling, accounting, manufacturing, and sales.
There are several benefits of using ERP systems in your business. One of the main advantages of this system is that it can help you track your finances and inventory levels with ease. Moreover, it can also assist you in managing your employees’ payrolls and other important tasks efficiently.
Nowadays, numerous companies are providing ERP solutions for small and medium-sized businesses across the globe. If you are looking for the best ERP system for your company, read on as we have compiled a list of the 11 best ERP systems available in 2024.
11 Best ERP Systems 2024 |Overview and Pricing|
1. SAP ERP
SAP is the world’s most popular enterprise resource planning solution. It is one of the best ERP systems in 2023. Also, it is used by over 2 million customers in 180 countries and has been around since 1988. SAP’s mission is to help companies of all sizes and industries run better and grow more profitably.
SAP ERP offers an integrated suite of modules that cover accounting, materials management, manufacturing management, customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM) and human capital management (HCM).
The SAP ERP system is also modular, meaning you can customize your software to suit your business needs. This makes it easy for companies to scale their systems as they grow and evolve without replacing their entire system each time they add new functionality.
- It has in-built business analytics.
- It can be used in Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Mac.
- It can is available on mobile, cloud and on-premise
- Good customer care service (24/7)
- Offers a wide range of integration
- It provides a trial period
- It is for advanced users. Not compatible with beginners.
- It is relatively cost-intensive to purchase and implement
- You can request a demo here
- SAP ERP is available as public (Ready-to-run cloud) and private (Tailored-to-fit cloud)
- Free trials are available for both public and private editions
- Monthly software subscription is estimated at $199 per user
- Additional solutions can be found in the SAP store by clicking here
Microsoft Dynamics 365 system offers powerful business management tools that allow companies of all sizes to streamline their operations while improving customer service. It helps business to have a comprehensive view of their business situations and help them in making better-informed and effective decisions.
- It provides an extensive collaborative environment allowing users to interact in Yammer.
- Good customer support service that can be accessed via live chats and phone
- Highly customizable ERP software
- It is compatible with various platforms, including IOS and Android
- Support server-to-server authentication that improves data management and security
- It doesn’t have a 24/7 customer support
- It is a paid package that doesn’t offer a free trial period
It offers four packages which are:
- Customer Engagement – $115 per user monthly
- Unified Operations – $190 per user monthly
- Dynamics 365’ plan – $210 per user monthly
- Applications & Offers plan – $40 to $170 per user per month.
Oracle NetSuite is one of the best ERP systems if you want an overall view of your business, as it helps you manage every aspect of your business from HR, Finance and sales, and marketing. The Oracle NetSuite gives you the complete package to move your business forward and make wise decisions.
- Provides advanced automation
- Highly customizable and flexible
- Provides a solid customer care support
- It is high scalability
- This ERP software is upgraded twice a year
- Suitable for all sizes of companies
- The Product upgrades can be challenging at times
- It does not have an on-premise version
- The plans are quote-based and personalized to suit different individual needs.
- The base license costs $999 monthly, and the access cost is $99 per user.
4. Sage 300
Sage 300 is a Windows-based ERP system that is only compatible with Microsoft SQL. It is the best ERP for business management, especially for small and medium businesses. Also, Sage 300 allows you to automate your finance and focus energy on other aspects of the business.
- It is available in several languages, including English, French, Italian, Spanish, and more.
- Offers a broad range of integrations with applications like Shopify, Amazon, Magento, Salesforce, and so many more
- It provides 24/7 access to support production documentation, the latest updates, and more.
- It has a forum where you can share your tips, suggestions, and review.
- The subscription price is entirely on the high side
- It doesn’t offer a trial period
- Price is made available on request
- Monthly price estimated at $75 per user
Odoo is an all-in-one business ERP software system that offers solutions to employees to ensure maximum employee satisfaction. It provides warehouse management, ERP modules, CRM, project management, and inventory management. It can easily integrate with other software to ensure the employees carry out everything from CRM to project management.
- It has several hosting choices that cover cloud hosting or on-premise hosting.
- The customer support teams are available in two languages which are English and French.
- Offer live chat and email support.
- It is an open-source ERP software that is highly customizable
- It gives a 15-day free trial period
- Customer support is only available from Monday to Friday
- It is suitable for beginners as they may find it hard to navigate
- Extra app installed requires additional charges
- The price is $24 per user monthly (paid annually)
- Additional apps attract additional charges
Syspro is one of the best ERP systems that analyzes and manages various business activities that cover warehouse, financial, and inventory management. Basically, everything across the business supply chain and operations is optimized using this system.
- Supports personalized workstations
- It can be deployed in the cloud
- It is super flexible, engaging, and user friendly
- Provides high scalability
- The servers are highly secured
- Poor Customer support system
- Brand recognition is limited
Workday is one of the best on-demand cloud-based ERP software, primarily focusing on human capital and financial management. It is suitable for medium and large business enterprises.
- It offers online, phone, and email support.
- It can be accessed on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- It has high-grade data security protocols that ensure improved data security
- It is user–friendly
- It is solely cloud-based and cannot be used on businesses with specific on-premise requirements.
- It doesn’t offer a free trial period.
- Contact one of the sales representatives here to get a personalized quote.
Deltek is one of the best ERP systems for automating core business aspects that entirely develop, manage and measure every aspect of the business. It can be hosted both on the cloud and on-premise.
- It is highly scalable and helps clients get an increased ROI
- It has a friendly user interface
- Access to real-time information that boosts collaboration among the various business units
- It is fully integrated with the office
- Making corrections on the timesheet can be challenging at times
- It doesn’t provide a free trial
- Contact the company sales representative here to get a detailed quote.
Epicor is one of the best ERP systems specifically built to help to manufacture ring business use data and automation to increase profitability.
- It offers action-based business intelligence
- It provides cloud and on-premise hosting services
- Supports collaborative environment
- It is scalable and easily customizable
- It can be accessed on Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Has solid customer support that can be accessed via email, phone, live chat, and tickets
- Support only English language
- It doesn’t have a free trial period
- The pricing begins at $175 per user monthly.
- For a personalized package, you will have to contact the company here for a quota.
Kronos is an enterprise–based ERP system that offers comprehensive workforce management solutions that help handle your business’s end-to-end functions.
- It is highly customizable
- Ensure improved employee collaboration
- Easy tracking of the ACA status of employees
- It can be hosted on the cloud
- Not suitable for a beginner
- It cannot be used on IOS
- It cannot be hosted on-premise
- Contact the sales representative here
QuickBooks Online is an online accounting solution from Intuit that lets users manage their finances from anywhere in the world via the web browser or mobile app. It offers email reminders for recurring transactions, automatic downloading of bank and credit card statements into your account, and an audit defense feature.
- It is easy to use and navigate
- Its pricing is affordable
- It offers solid accounting reports
- It is flexible with external applications and integrates well with other systems.
- It can be accessed from any device, be it mobile, computer or tablet.
- Instability in the system which might result in crashes
- Has no invoice design tools
- Devoid of direct professional support
- Only compatible with small business
- The QuickBook Simple Start Plan Online goes for $180 annually. You can get it on a monthly subscription
Benefits of ERP
Below are some of the major benefits of integrating ERP systems:
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- Reduced inventory costs
- Increased customer satisfaction levels
- Increased sales margins with better management of pricing and discounts
ERP systems help in promoting efficiency in the workplace. Not all ERPs are suitable for your business. If going for an ERP, ensure you go through the features to select one that is most suitable to your business type. The questions below address the frequent concerns and enquiries of ERP systems:
- What should I think about when choosing an ERP system?
- Answer: When choosing an ERP system, you should think about things like scalability, customizability, cost, security, and how easy it is to use.
- What is the difference between cloud-based and on-premise ERP systems?
- Answer: Cloud-based ERP systems are hosted and managed by the seller and can be accessed online, while on-premise ERP systems are installed and operated on the company’s own servers.
- How much does it cost to purchase an ERP system?
- Answer: An ERP system’s price depends on a number of things, such as the vendor, the size of the business, and the features that are needed. An ERP system can cost anywhere from a few thousand dollars to several hundred thousand dollars on average.
- Why would you want to use an ERP system?
- Answer: An ERP system can help improve efficiency, data management, decision-making, profitability, and limit costs.
- Do you need to have technical knowledge to use an ERP system?
- Answer: Even though you don’t need technical knowledge to use an ERP system, it can be helpful to know the basics of the software so you can use all of its features and benefits.
- How long does it take to initiate and implement ERP system?
- Answer: How long it takes to set up an ERP system depends on a number of things, such as the size of the business, the complexity of the system, and the way the business works internally. On average, putting in place an ERP system can take anywhere from a few months to a year.
- Can I customize or change an ERP system to make it work for my business?
- Answer: Yes, many ERP systems can be changed to fit a business’s needs. This can include making changes to the user interface, adding or taking away features, and integrating with other software or systems.
- How does an ERP system improve data management?
- Answer: An ERP system brings together information from different departments and processes into one place, making it easier to find and manage. This helps cut down on mistakes and improve the accuracy of the data, which leads to better decisions and more efficient work.
- What kind of maintenance and support does an ERP system get?
- Answer: How much support and maintenance an ERP system gets depends on the company that sells it. Online resources, phone support, email support, and visits to the site are all common ways to get help.
- How can an ERP system help people decide what to do?
- Answer: An ERP system gives you data and insights in real time, which makes it easier to make smart decisions. This can lead to more accountability and transparency, as well as better accuracy and faster decision-making.
- Can an ERP system integrate or work with software and systems from other companies?
- Answer: Yes, many ERP systems can work with other software and systems, like CRM, accounting software, and supply chain management systems. This helps streamline things and make them work better.
- Is switching from one ERP system to another possible?
- Answer: Yes, you can switch from one ERP system to another one. But this can be a complicated and time-consuming process, so you should think carefully about the pros and cons of switching before making a choice.