The growth of eCommerce has made Email marketing an essential tool for advertising and building a trusted lead base. You cannot effectively carry out email marketing strategies, without email marketing software. As such, there has been an increase in the supply of email marketing software in the online space.
The issue is choosing the best email marketing software for eCommerce to optimize your business and help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Your email list is one of your powerful assets as a business owner because it gives you direct access to communicate with your clients. When the software is ineffective in carrying out the functions, it becomes a loss to you.
SEO and social media are good and have their places, but cannot take the place of email marketing. As such, I have compiled the 9 best email marketing software for eCommerce. This guide will give you detailed information on what makes them stand out.
MailChimp is undoubtedly one of the best email marketing software for eCommerce in the global market. It was established in 2001 and has stood out over the years due to its unique branding and marketing scheme.
MailChimp is easy to use and beginner-friendly. Also, they have a free plan that allows you access to up to 2000 contacts. You will have to upgrade to a paid version if your email lists are more than 2000.
MailChimp has been in the market for over two decades and has grown to be a trusted software with a significant market share in the email marketing market.
Key features of Mailchimp
- Access to use over hundreds of easy email marketing templates
- SMS marketing
- Easy-to-use landing page builder
- Intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Sophisticated email marketing automation
One of the best email marketing software for eCommerce to use with a Shopify store is Shopify Email. This is because it is native to Shopify and specifically focused on eCommerce.
Shopify Email is a beginner-friendly and easy-to-use email solution that aids you in connecting with subscribers and building long-lasting relationships. Its app is minimalist and clean and saves you from the hurdles you may encounter when using MailChimp or GetResponse.
Shopify Email automatically adds your email contacts and is the ideal software to use if you want powerful email functionality without much effort.
Shopify Email gives you access to send 10,000 emails free each month. Upon exhaustion, you pay $1 for every 1,000 emails you send. It does not have any monthly fee or commitment. Practically, it’s almost like free email marketing software.
Key features of Shopify
- Send branded emails to your subscribers directly from your Shopify admin.
- Access to hundreds of templates and illustrations.
- You can easily customize your email by editing layouts, images, or texts to make it unique.
- Flexibility: Allows you to schedule an email to be sent at desired time and date.
- Allows for direct import of customer lists into Shopify.
- Allows for Automation of email campaigns.
- Allows for tracking of results
ActiveCampaign is one of the best marketing software for eCommerce, known for its CRM capacities and sophisticated workflows.
ActiveCampaign is used by more than 145,000 businesses across the globe. One good thing about this app is that it can be easily integrated with Shopify. Once you integrate it, you will be granted access to a library of over 500 prebuilt automation, like a welcome series or abandoned cart emails. You can easily design a landing page in minutes using this app.
ActiveCampaign offers you a free trial to check your compatibility with the app. If you like the app, you can upgrade to the Lite Plan, which starts from $9 monthly.
Key features of ActiveCampaign
- You can send direct personalized emails from your Shopify data You can deliver 1:1 messages to customers based on past interactions.
- Merchant’s SMS marketing capabilities
- Allows for integrations with Google Analytics and Facebook Audiences.
Sendinblue is one of the best email marketing software for eCommerce. It contains advanced features and is designed mainly for small to medium-sized businesses.
Key features of Sendinblue
- A library of templates to create newsletters
- Access to building quick build subscription forms
- Offers pre-built automation flows for abandoned cart emails, welcome sequences, and more.
- Allows for segmenting and targeting groups of customers based on their interests, purchase history, and other details
- Allows for SMS messages via the Shopify plugin.
If you are looking for effective lead-generation email marketing software, Privy is a perfect choice.
Privy expands the limit of email marketing software. It contains tools such as automation and conversion tools. Also, Privy gives you access to instant-driven banners, pops up, embedded email collection forms, spin-to-win wheels, and embedded forms for email collection. The best part here is it is mobile-friendly and easily customizable without any code.
You can access privy for free up to 100 contacts with unlimited pop-ups, A/B testing, and dozens of targeting rules. The paid plan starts from $15 monthly for all email and conversion tools.
Key features of Privy
- Support for custom storefronts
- Automated campaigns based on website behavior, exit intent, cart value, and cart abandonment.
- Automated A/B testing
- Autoresponders and reminder messages
- Access to run cross-sell emails with Add to Cart buttons Drag and drop editor with hundreds of email templates.
Omnisend is one of the best email marketing software for eCommerce that is rich in sophisticated eCommerce features and multichannel automation features.
Omnisend is a respected email marketing automation software on Shopify, used by 50,000+ merchants. It contains pre-built automation intuitive and workflows. It is easy to set up for an advanced email campaign because it requires no-code editing.
Omnisend comes with stoppable automated emails for:
- New subscribers (welcome emails)
- Cart abandonment
- Product abandonment
- Win-back and reactivation emails)
- Customer feedback and product reviews
The beauty of this is that all messages, workflow settings, and subject lines are ready-made to enable you to run your campaigns immediately.
Omnisend offers a 3-day free trial. After the third day, you will decide to either upgrade or continue using the free plan that allows you to send 15,000 emails per month.
Key features of Omnisend
- A drag-and-drop email builder
- Dynamic coupon codes
- Automatic product picker
- Fully customizable pop-ups
- Access to robust segmentation and push notifications to send messages across SMS,
- Access to built-in audience sync for Google and Facebook ads.
- Offers comprehensive campaign metrics, analytics, and unsubscribe tracking, which help you analyze campaign performance with specified benchmarks compared to industry brands.
If you are completely new to email marketing or have a small budget, Mailerlite is the best email marketing software for you.
Mailerlite is a user-friendly email marketing software that allows you to send convincing emails to build a strong customer base. Also, it offers integrations and professional class automation for promising eCommerce businesses.
Another interesting part of this software is that it offers 24/7 customer support staffed by real people.
Key features for MailerLite
- A CRM for storing all customer data from Shopify
- Automatic customer segment creation based on specified details
- The ability to track revenue and emails impacts sales
- Free landing page builder and pop-ups
- Powerful marketing automation
Klaviyo is one of the best email marketing software designed specifically for eCommerce. It is one of the leading software in the Shopify world. 50,000+ stores are using Klaviyo to send personalized emails, sign-up forms, SMS messages, and more.
Key features of Klaviyo
- Over 100 pre-built integrations with tools like Smile, Facebook, and ShipStation
- Free and flexible account options:
- Pre-built automation, forms, and templates to start running your campaigns in minutes
- Ability to send personalized product recommendations and a variety of content based on past interactions
- Targeted SMS marketing,
- Comprehensive analytics for tracking SMS campaign performance
- Virtual overview of growth-focused reporting with email and SMS performance analytics
Also, Klaviyo supports paid social campaigns. You can easily sync your data to build similar audiences for Facebook and Instagram ads enabling you to find more customers.
Klaviyo gives you free access to up to 250 contacts. After that, you upgrade to the premium package, which is $20 per month with no contracts or lock-ins.
SmartrMail is a powerful email marketing software backed by machine learning technology.
SmartMail is an affordable and easy-to-use software that was launched in 2016. SmartrMail contains a growing library of hundreds of email templates. Also, it grants you access to create yours using a full HTML editor and WYSIWYG. Also, it has a feature that helps you decide what products to recommend to improve sales.
SmartrMail allows you to send up to 5,000 emails per month if you have fewer than a thousand subscribers freely. The premium plan starts at $19 monthly.
Key features of SmartMail
- Availability of multiple automation tools for building email campaigns, including thanking you messages, welcome messages, and abandoned carts
Email marketing software is here to boost your eCommerce business to the next level. You cannot go wrong using email marketing software as far as you do it rightly.
Here are a few most frequently asked questions regarding ecommerce mail marketing and its potential for businesses that are online and other concerns like cart abandonment or people who choose to opt out of emails.
What is Ecommerce Email Marketing Software?
Ecommerce marketing refers to the process that allows online retailers to bring traffic to their business and then convert these customers into customers who pay. To achieve this, e-commerce stores must communicate with every customer in a manner that makes it feel like you’re talking to them on your own.
Marketers trying to make personal emails for even most basic email lists will find that it’s nearly impossible to create this type of email using an unautomated system that includes capabilities like ready-made templates and drag-and-drop capabilities.
Your email marketing campaigns have to be in tune with the requirements of your customer. Ecommerce’s email marketing software can be an instrument that can help to achieve this aim. It assists you in collecting the data you require about each customer in order to make sure you segment your customers.
Why is Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Important for Business Efficiency?
Small businesses as well as large corporations are able to share product information they must share with their customers on a regular basis. They must be in constant contact with prospective and existing customers.
It can also be used to inform customers of pertinent updates and information as well as offer services for promotion like upselling, educating customers about the online shopping platform and offering answers to frequently asked questions.
Ecommerce email marketing software is an ideal tool for follow-up after purchase and acts as a reminder for abandoned carts for customers.
What Should You Look for in an Email Marketing Software?
Marketing tools for email should make the communication with potential and existing customers as simple and effective as it can be. Automation is a crucial feature since it lets you to send drip emails in a matter of minutes.
Therefore, it is essential to have a system that lets you personalize your email directly from the subject line. It is also crucial to ensure that campaigns are targeted.
To allow personalization and customization to be possible, the email marketing software must capture crucial information about customers’ behavior and interactions on the website of the online retailer. The software should be able to analyze and capture information.